Exercise Areas For Dogs.
All year round exercise beach – Dogs are allowed at any time, not necessarily on a lead, but must be under the effective control of the person in charge of the dog.
Restricted during summer – During December, January and February dogs are allowed in this area only before 10:00 am and after 6:00 pm. This is in consideration of people using the popular swimming beach in the main summer period.
Dogs prohibited – Dogs are prohibited at all times (to ensure protection of wildlife and native habitats in the National Park). Please note that the beach east of the submarine pipe navigation markers and right down to low tide mark is within the Rocky Cape National Park.
For Full details of the dog regulations and other information or complaints contact Wynyard Waratah Council
- There are 2 children’s playgrounds both situated near the creek carpark. Electric BBQ’s complete with shelter are provided for visitors.
- An excellent boat ramp, which was built by local volunteers, is accessible at all tides. The Boat Ramp is situated at the western end of Irby Boulevard and is well sign posted.
- There is an AED/Defibrillator located at the Sisters Beach Shop for public use in an emergency.
- The Council provides weekly kerb-side domestic garbage and recycling collection service.
- Garbage is collected every Monday with recycling every second Monday.There is a waste transfer station on the western end of Goldie Street, Wynyard which is open 7 days a week from 9:00am – 5:00 pm.
- Public toilets are situated at the Creek car park area and the Boat Ramp.